Privacy and Website Use Policy
This Policy describes our policies on the collection, use and disclosure of information about you in connection with your use of our services, including those offered through our websites, emails and other social media (collectively, the “Service”) and your use of our intellectual property. The terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “Oscar’s Moving Company” refer to Oscar’s Moving Company, LLC., doing business as Oscar’s Moving Company a Massachusetts LLC.
As a user of our Service, you may have provided us with information, including your personal information. We will guard this information, as detailed here. We will not disclose this information to unnecessary parties, nor will we distribute or sell our customer lists.
Access to our website by you, the user, or use of the Service constitutes your acceptance and agreement to our collection, use and disclosure of information about you as detailed here.
This Policy explains:
- What information we may collect about you;
- How we may use information we collect about you;
- When we may use your information to contact you;
- Whether we may disclose your information to anyone else;
- Use of “cookies” on our website and how you can block these cookies; and
- Your use of our intellectual property.
What information will Oscar’s Moving Company collect about me?
We collect information from you when you sign up to participate in or receive a Service from our website, such as responding to a survey, filling out a form, responding to an email or registering with a single universal online registration portal. As appropriate, you may be asked to furnish your: name, email address, mailing and/or physical address, phone number, new mailing and/or physical address and other pertinent information.
We also collect general information about your use of the website, including Log Data, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. For example, your IP (Internet Protocol) address is used to gather broad demographic information such as the geographic regions most interested in our site and what type of browser most of our visitors prefer. This information helps us to better maintain and update our site to be user-friendly and relevant. IP addresses do not provide us with any identifiable Personal Information, thus keeping visitors anonymous.
A secure web portal is a type of webpage that uses encryption to keep unauthorized persons from reading communications, information, or attachments. Secure messages and information can only be read by someone who knows the right password or passphrase to log in to the portal site. Because the connection channel between your computer and the website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology you can read or view information on your computer, but it is still encrypted in transmission between the website and your computer.
The materials contained on the Oscar’s Moving Company web portal are for general informational purposes only and are not intended to make statements concerning the official policies and practices of the organization unless otherwise stated. Oscar’s Moving Company offers secure viewing and communication as a service to customers who wish to view parts of their records and communicate with our staff. Secure messaging can be a valuable communications tool, but has certain risks. In order to manage these risks we need to impose some conditions of participation. This Policy is intended to show that you have been informed of these risks and the conditions of participation, and that you accept the risks and agree to the conditions of participation.
Collection and protection of credit card information
Oscar’s Moving Company will collect and use information obtained from credit card transactions only for business purposes, including the payment of services. The credit card information provided by you to Oscar’s Moving Company will be stored in a confidential manner. Our employees may access such information only when there is an appropriate business reason to do so, such as when a refund must be issued back to the credit card. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information, and our employees are required to follow these privacy standards. Oscar’s Moving Company website uses SSL protocol to ensure transaction security.
How will we use the information we collect about you?
Any information we collect from you may be used in any one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To process transactions to deliver the purchased product or service requested;
- To administer a survey or other website feature;
- To communicate with you.
When we may use your information to contact you?
We may contact you for any one of the following reasons:
- In relation to the functioning of any Service you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the Service to you;
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- In relation to any contribution you have made to Oscar’s Moving Company, e.g. on our testimonials and reviews sections;
- To invite you to participate in surveys about Oscar’s Moving Company services (participation is always voluntary);
- For marketing purposes where you specifically agree to this.
Note, the email address you provide for an estimate and/or to provi